Club Rules at Pezula Championship Golf Course
Local Course RulesLocal course rules are to be read in conjunction with the R&A Rules of Golf.
R&A Rule 24 - ObstructionsAll cart paths will be treated as obstructions. You may proceed under Rule 24-2 without penalty. All Small fences with stone chips are obstructions. Proceed under rule 24-2b.
R&A Rule 25 - Abnormal Ground Conditions, Embedded Ball & Wrong Putting GreenAbnormal Ground Conditions (Rule 25-1): Relief without penalty may be taken from GUR (Ground Under Repair) which includes all newly seeded and sodded areas and areas marked with turfpaint. Embedded Ball (Rule 25-2): All aspects of the R&A Rule applies.
R&A Rule 26 - Water Hazards (Including Lateral Water Hazards)Hole 1: The Sparrebosch Forest bisecting the 1st and 2nd fairways is considered a water hazard (beyond the wooden poles). From a shot played other than your drive, you may, with a penalty of one shot, proceed to the designated "drop zone". Note: If your tee shot comes to rest in the hazard, you shall proceed as outlined in Rule 26-1 (The drop zone does not apply) The Fynbos is to be treated as a Lateral Hazard; you may drop at the point of entry, within two club lengths, with one penalty stroke.
R&A Rule 27 - Ball Lost Or Out Of Bounds; Provisional BallOut Of Bounds Holes 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14 & 17 are demarcated by boundary fences or stakes on each hole (Rule 27-1). Holes 10, 13, 16, 17 & 18: Special provisions have been made where, if you fail to carry the bush with your Tee shot, with a penalty of one shot, you may proceed to the designated "drop zone" located on the other side of the hazard and play from there.
Etiquette & Dress CodeThe Pezula staff will do all they can to ensure that your day’s golf is memorable. Kindly assist us by adhering to the following etiquette and dress code.
On the Course
- Only Golf attire is permitted.
- Take extra clubs with you to keep play moving.
- Slow play is unacceptable - Please obey the course Marshal at all times.
- Please repair your pitch marks.
- Rakes are provided to repair the bunkers.
- Do not stand at the back of a cart. Carts are operated completely at the user's own risk and only by licenced drivers.
In the Clubhouse Area
- Golf attire and casual/smart street wear is acceptable in the clubhouse.
- Golf shoes are allowed everywhere in the main clubhouse.
- Caps are NOT to be worn in the clubhouse.
- Men: Golf shirts, slacks, golf shorts or walking shorts. Short socks are acceptable.
- Ladies: Dresses, skirts, slacks, golf shorts, mid-length shorts and blouses.
- Footwear: Appropriate golf footwear is compulsory on both the golf course & practice areas; soft spikes only.
- Beachwear and Denim Jeans are NOT acceptable on the course.